1. Australians dress casually.
2. Australians usually address people casually, which might surprise you. For example, your lecturers might prefer to be called by their first name rather than Sir, Professor or Madam.
3. Humor is treated as a sense of friendliness. It is a good way to “break the ice”.
4. Sports and the weather are always good Conversation starters.
5. Be open to cultural differences and be respectful of other people.
6. Say Hi to people and smile!
7. It is good manners to queue at the bus stop, shops and other public places.
8. Say “Please” when you ask for something and always say “Thanks” or “Thank You” at the end.